Quick links to help you research your Gloucestershire family
A fast link to all our online genealogy-related resources
If your ancestor came from Gloucestershire then his or her name may be in the genealogical database.
- Search the genealogical database..
- Find out more about the genealogical database.
- Order and pay for copies of some of the documents indexed in the database.
The Gloucestershire Family History Society has compiled an index of births, marriages and deaths from the original registers held by the Gloucestershire Registration Service.
- Search the index of Gloucestershire births, marriages and deaths.
- You can order copies of birth, marriage and death certificates.
For advice and guidance on researching your family history, look at our family history resources and more family history resources pages. You can also use our Research guides to find out more about our sources. You may also find The National Archives' research guides helpful.
- Access Ancestry free at Gloucestershire Archives or any of Gloucestershire's Libraries or at Gloucestershire's Family History Centre - or subscribe at home: Ancestry.co.uk
- Access Find My Past free at Gloucestershire Archives, or any of Gloucestershire's Libraries
- Access the virtual reference library at home using a Gloucestershire Library card for other genealogical and local history resources.
You can download the Independent Research Services document that provides details of private businesses which will undertake detailed research through the archives for you.
Or you can ask us a family history enquiry.