When you arrive
Advice on what to do when you arrive at the archives and what facilities are available
Please check our opening hours and location before visiting.
While work continues, only blue-badge holders will be able to park on-site. There are public car parks in Hare Lane and Great Western Road, both within easy reach, and the bus and railway stations are nearby.
Parking is free for disabled badge holders and volunteers. Please collect your free token from reception.
For more information about disabled facilities please see access for disabled people.
If this will be your first visit please let the receptionist know that you would like to register. Check before you visit to see what proof of identity you should bring with you. If you are already a registered member at Gloucestershire Archives, please sign in the visitors book.
Gloucestershire Archives has the following facilities for visitors:
- Locker room for bags and coats.
- Customer Coffee lounge with free water dispenser.
- A staffed enquiries desk, where you can ask for help and advice during your visit.
- Microfilm and microfiche readers. There is no need to book these.
- Public computers with access to the internet, including access to the Ancestry and Find My Past websites.
- Full wi-fi availability in the research room.
For information about making copies during your visit please see Document Copying Service
Please read through our Public research room guidelines pens new window before visiting.