Cirencester Local and Family History Centre
For anyone who wants to know about past and present life in Cirencester and the surrounding area.
- The Centre can be used at any time when Cirencester Library is open
Cirencester special collection
The Cirencester Bingham Collection has been moved to Gloucestershire Archives
- Wide range of books about Cirencester and the surrounding area (South Cotswolds)
Newspapers and periodicals
- Wiltshire and Gloucestershire Standard on microfilm from 1837 to date, with an index from 1837 to 1939 (index is now available on the Gloucestershire Archives online catalogue)
- Cirencester Times 1856 to 1871 on microfilm
- Cirencester Flying Post for 1742
- Maps and plans of Cirencester from the 1880s to the 1990s, including Ordnance Survey maps at 25 inches to the mile/1:2500 on microfiche and 6 inches to the mile/1:10,000
- County directories on microfiche and in book form 1820 to 1939
Cirencester Archaeological and Historical Society
- A link to the Society's website appears here.