Link to homepage
Search site
page title

Care at home

Home Care (also known as Domiciliary Care) is help which is provided in peoples' own homes.

If you are elderly or disabled and need help and support with everyday tasks like feeding, bathing, getting in and out of bed, dressing and undressing, and want to remain in your own home, a home care worker might be able to help you.

Home care agencies can provide home care workers (sometimes known as personal assistants) to help in your own home by offering one to one support to help you with the everyday tasks you need. This is sometimes called domiciliary care. If you receive a personal budget from us then you may be able to use this to pay towards a home care worker

Request an assessment

If you think you need help you or a family member should contact the Adult Helpdesk to request a care assessment.

About the assessment

The assessment will identify what element of home care will best suit your needs. The information we gather during it will help us create a personal budget and support plan which is designed to meet your needs and help you to stay as independent as possible, for as long as possible. 

Do I need to pay for care at home?

After we complete a care assessment, we will arrange a financial assessment to work out if you need to pay and how much.  We will also make sure you are receiving all the benefits that you are entitled to.

Further help

If you don't qualify for a personal budget and care package from us you can still purchase services from the organisations listed below. Always ensure you choose an agency registered and inspected by the Care Quality Commission.

Your Circle  - offers information and advice about the wide range of services and support available to you in Gloucestershire to help you live an independent live