Approved premises licence
Everything you need to know to apply for an approved premises licence. You can view the terms and conditions of the licence and download an application form.
If you would like to apply for your venue to become an approved premises for weddings and other ceremonies, you can fill in an application form. Please make sure you read the The General Register Office approved premise regulations before you apply to make sure that your venue is suitable for a licence.
To help promote our beautiful Gloucestershire venues we have developed a dedicated ceremonies web site, Celebrate with us, and our licenced venues are invited to register their details. Registration is free and simple just follow the guidance on our help page.
'Celebrate with us' aimed at helping people plan their ceremonies in Gloucestershire - it offers help and advice on ceremonies ranging from weddings & civil partnerships to naming and citizenship ceremonies. In addition, it will be a valuable resource for people looking for suitable ceremony venues.
How do I apply for or renew a licence?
Applications must be made on the County Council's official application form.
- The Application Form & Self Assesment and Application Terms & Conditions consists of the formal application and guidance notes relating to the application
Please send completed form/s to:
Approved Premises Administration Team
Gloucestershire Registration Service
St George's Road
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A copy of a valid Fire risk assessment. For information on completing a fire risk assessment you can visit the Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue website
- A copy of any relevant planning permission which applies to the venue and a copy of the public liability insurance certificate.
- A plan of the premises clearly identifying its location and the room(s) to be licensed. (Plans should be no larger than A3 size).
How long does a licence last?
A licence will normally run for 3 years from the date of issue and will terminate at the end of that period unless renewed or revoked.
How much does it cost?
- The current fee to licence or renew a licence for an approved premise is £2,500.
- The fee covers the cost to the County Council of processing your application, including publication of an official notice in a local newspaper, inspections during the 3-year approval period, informing the General Register Office for inclusion on the official list and also inclusion on the Gloucestershire Registration Service website.
- If you require any changes to be made during the term of the licence you will be required to pay a further charge equivalent to the licence fee. You are therefore advised to withhold changes until the expiry of the current licence.
- Once an application fee has been accepted and costs have been incurred, no refund will be made.
- The fee is normally paid in full up front, but other payment options are available. For more information please contact our Approved Premises team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other useful information
- Approved Premise Objection Policy
- GCC outside structure policy
- Approved Premise Responsible Persons Guidelines