We recommend that you use our online ordering service.
Apply for a copy birth certificate
Opens new window
Apply for a copy death certificateOpens new window
Apply for a copy marriage/civil partnership certificateOpens new window
You can get:
- A full birth, marriage/civil partnership or death certificates for £10.00, dispatched within 7 working days
- A short birth certificate for £10.00 (This does not include details of the parents and may not always be accepted by passport offices or other organisations)
- An express copy of any certificate for £30, which will be issued and dispatched by first class post within 24 hours of receipt. (This service is not available at the weekends)
All certificates must be paid for before we issue them.
Please note: we only hold records for events which took place in Gloucestershire. If you want to order certificates for events that took place outside of Gloucestershire please see Order a copy of a birth, death or marriage certificateOpens new window
please call us on 01452 425060 (option 2)
Note: We can only process an application over the phone if you have a valid debit or credit card.
If you choose to apply by post you need to download and print the relevant application form:
- Birth certificate application form
- Marriage/Civil Partnership certificate application form
- Death certificate application form
You should send your completed form, along with the relevant payment to:
Gloucestershire Registration Service
Cheques should be made payable to "Gloucestershire County Council"
You can also bring along your completed form in person to the address above.
(Our offices are located within the Gloucestershire Archives building)
Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 4.00pm
Gloucestershire Registration Service is not liable for any certificates that are delayed or lost in the post