Skip permits

Finding out about skip permits

If the skip is to be placed within your property, no permit is required and you may approach any skip company of your choice.If you are intending to place a skip on the highway (road, footway or verge) you will need to contact a skip company registered with Gloucestershire County Council (GCC).

The skip company will apply for the necessary permit.

If you have a query about a skip on the highway please contact Gloucestershire Roads 08000 514514 or email:

Skip Companies

Skip companies must be registered with GCC before permits can be issued.

To register your details please email the following information:

  • Name of Company and address
  • Email address
  • Detailsof Public Liability Insurance - please supply proof of insurance
  • Details of Environment Agency Waste Carriers Licence - please supply proof

Skip companies can apply for permits in accordance with Gloucestershire County Council (GCC) skip permits terms & conditions.
Please contact Gloucestershire Roads on 08000 514514 or

Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.