The Express Service for obtaining a copy certificate will be suspended from 23rd December 2016 to 2nd January 2017.
We recommend that you use our online ordering service.
- Apply for a copy Birth Certificate
- Apply for a copy Death Certificate
- Apply for a copy Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate
You can get a:
- Full Birth, Marriage/Civil Partnership or Death certificates for £10.00, dispatched within 7 days
- A Short Birth Certificate for £10.00 (This does not include details of the parents and may not always be accepted by passport offices or other organisations)
- Express copy of any certificate for £30, which will be issued and dispatched by first class post within 24 hours of receipt. (This service is not available at the weekends)
All certificates must be paid for before we issue them.
Please note: we only hold records for events which took place in Gloucestershire. If you want to order certificates for events that took place outside of Gloucestershire. please see Order a copy of a birth, death or marriage certificate
If you choose to apply by post you need to download and print the relevant application form:
- Birth certificate application form [102kb]
- Marriage/Civil Partnership certificate application form [82kb]
- Death certificate application form [69kb]
You should send your completed form, along with the relevant payment to:
Gloucestershire Registration Service
Cheques should be made payable to "Gloucestershire County Council"
You can also bring along your completed form in person to the address above.
(Our offices are located within the Gloucestershire Archives building)
Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm
Download and print the relevant application form:
If you want to order certificates by phone, please contact us.
Note: We can only process an application over the phone if you have a valid debit or credit card.
Gloucestershire Registration Service is not liable for any certificates that are delayed or lost in the post