Complaints about adult social care
If you wish to :
•make a referral for an adult living in Gloucestershire
•access information or help relating to social care, health, housing, community meals, or financial and general support needs for an adult, their carers or relatives in Gloucestershire
you can contact the Adult Helpdesk. You can do this at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01452 426868 (outside of office hours, the number you can ring is 01452 614194. This will put you through to an answering machine and you will need to leave a message and your telephone number. Someone will then call you back. Please remember that this number is only for situations that cannot wait until the next working day).
How do I complain?
• You can call us on 01452 426539 or 01452 427082.
• You can send a letter to ‘Complaints Manager (Adult Social Care), Complaints Team, Gloucestershire County Council, Shire Hall, Westgate Street, Gloucester, GL1 2TG’.
• You can send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
• You can submit an online form.
• You can fill in a feedback form (these can be found in Gloucestershire County Council reception areas or can be sent to your home, by request) and post it to us. This is free of charge. We also have a version for people who have a learning disability or sensory impairment. Please find a link here : Easy Read Feedback Form
• You can contact a staff member within the team / department about which you wish to complain. They will inform us of your concerns.
• You can make a complaint in person, at our offices (please see the address above). Unless you have booked an appointment, however, it cannot be guaranteed that a member of the Complaints team will be available to meet with you.
What happens next?
When we receive your complaint, we will talk to you about how you'd like your complaint investigated and agree the time this will take.
When the investigation is finished, a manager will respond to your complaint.
If you are still not satisfied with the way we have responded and the complaints procedure has been exhausted, you can contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGaSCO).
The LGaSCO considers complaints about councils and some other organisations providing local public services. The service is free, independent and impartial.
You can contact the LGaSCO :
- on 03000 610614
- at firstname.lastname@example.org
- at PO Box 4771, Coventry, CV4 0EH
Further information on the process can also be found at www.lgo.org.uk.