COMPACT for the voluntary sector
What is the Gloucestershire Compact?
The Gloucestershire Compact is an agreement between some of the county's public agencies and the voluntary and community sector to support and improve partnership working between sectors. Gloucestershire County Council is a keen supporter of the Compact and has Compact Ambassadors within the authority.
The Gloucestershire Compact sets out values, principles and commitments on how the sectors can work together to achieve more for the local community. It is underpinned by six Codes of Practice which contain specific undertakings for the public sector and the voluntary and community sector, as well as a series of joint undertakings, to improve partnership working. The ethos of the Gloucestershire Compact agreement is that by developing a better understanding of each other's needs, both sectors can work together to find better ways of doing things in the future.
The codes featured in the Compact cover the subjects of:
- Community Groups
- Multi Sector Partnerships Volunteering
This User Guide, provides a comprehensive overview of local Compacts.
- What a local Compact is and what areas they cover
- Compact groups, officers and champions
- How to communicate the Compact to different partners
- How to run an effective Compact event
- Action planning, monitoring and evaluating your local Compact
- Revising or Renewing your Compact
- Addressing non-compliance