We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue we'll assume that you are happy to accept cookies.

Skip to main content
Sign up to updates from Gloucestershire County Council
Get email updates
Have your say on the budget

Gloucestershire County Council is asking residents to have their say on proposals to focus on
vulnerable children and adults, better roads and a new school in next year’s budget.

Take part in the consultation

Pensioners and dependants

This page is for people who are in receipt of an LGPS or Firefighter Pension paid by Gloucestershire CC.

This includes people who have retired or are receiving a dependants pension, or those receiving a pension awarded on divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership.

Each year we issue a pensions newsletter to all those who are in receipt of a pension payment from Gloucestershire CC. The newsletter is to remind beneficiaries of how to notify changes in circumstances and also to keep them up to date with any changes which may affect them. The newsletters are issued every April, together with the April payslip.

Provided here are copies of the newsletter that will be issued at the end of April 2015, as well as those sent in the previous 2years. We have provided below,a fewof the most common questions regarding payment of pension, which are also covered in the newsletters.

2015 Pensions NewsletterOpens new window

2014 Pensions NewsletterOpens new window

2013 Pensions NewsletterOpens new window

What do I have to do if I want to notify a change to my address, bank details or name and/or partnership status?
It is very important that you inform the pension payroll office immediately should there be a change to your address, bank details or name and/or partnership status. This will ensure that you continue to receive payment of your pension without any problems.

To guarantee that your new details are correct and actioned on time, changes must be notified and received by the Payroll Office three weeks before the relevant pension pay day.

For your own security, it is the policy of Gloucestershire County Council to only accept notification of such a change, by receipt of a letter signed by you, providing at least one of the following pieces of key information (National Insurance number and/or DoB) as well as your Pensioner Number (shown as Personnel No. on your payslip/P60).

Your letter can be submitted in one of the following ways:

By Post: posted to the following address

Payroll Office (Pensions)
Business Service Centre
Gloucestershire County Council
Shire Hall
Westgate Street
Gloucester GL1 2TG

By E-mail: as a scanned e-mail attachment sent to bsc2@gloucestershire.gov.uk

By Fax: sent to (01452) 547492

Failure to notify a change of address or bank details as stated above, is likely to result in your pension payments being suspended, until such time as a letter signed by you and notifying the change(s) has been received.

Who do I contact if I have a query regarding my tax coding?
If you have a query with your tax coding, you should contact H.M. Revenue & Customs on the following telephone number ensuring you quote reference 214/G1P together with your National Insurance Number

H.M.Revenue & Customs (HMRC) - Telephone: 0300 2003300

Where can I find out more information regarding my pension?
Information regarding your pension can be found in the annual newsletter (copies provided above).

If having read this information you still have further questions relating to the actual monthly payment of your pension, then please contact the payroll office at the address provided above or by telephoning (01452) 426510.

Alternatively, if your query relates to the Regulations under which your benefits are calculated, (i.e. a query relating to the calculation of your benefits or the ongoing entitlement of any dependants benefits) then please contact the pension office direct as follows:

Pensions Office
Gloucestershire County Council
Shire Hall
Westgate Street
Gloucester GL1 2TG

Phone: 01452 328888
e-mail: pensions@gloucestershire.gov.uk

Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.