Relaunch of the Childcare Business Grant Scheme
The Department for Education has re-launched the Childcare Business Grant Scheme...
Its purpose is to help new Childminders and Childminder Agencies (CMA) to enter the childcare market. The scheme will award one-off start-up grants of either £500 or £1000 to support with the set up costs of new childminding businesses.
Further information and details on how to apply can be found here.
How to become a childminder in Gloucestershire
Gloucestershire County Council's Early Years Team is pleased to be able to offer a highly subsidised, comprehensive training course, "First Steps to Childminding", to support the development of new childminders...
Each course takes place over 3 days (2 weekdays, 1 Saturday) and 2 evenings. Attendance at all sessions is required. The course will be delivered by experienced tutors who have a thorough understanding of the childminding sector and Ofsted requirements.
It will enable you to gain the required knowledge of legislation, childcare, child development, equality and inclusion and business practice to fully prepare you for the start of your childminding journey.
(Applicants are strongly advised to have completed a short Gloucestershire Pre-Registration course before enrolling on First Steps to Childminding)
To discuss the Pre-registration course and First Steps to Childminding please contact The Early Years Team on 01452 427224, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Already a childminder?
The Early Years Team offers support to childminders and home childcarers in Gloucestershire...
They can offer advice and support on a range of issues including:
- Support to all prospective childminders and home child carers
- Pre-Ofsted inspection visits
- Business support, including employing staff and working with assistants
- Support for childminders who wish to receive 2, 3 and 4 year old funding
- Support with working with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework
- Support and guidance with quality improvement, risk assessments, policies and procedures
- Support for childminders to become quality assured through the Bristol Standard.
- Business support for childminders can be accessed by contacting Sarah Spencer on 07879 487663, or email: email@example.com
Please click here to meet the team and find out who is your Early Years Locality Adviser.
For childminder support groups please click here.