Adult education in Gloucestershire
Adult Education, a service within Gloucestershire County Council provides learning for individuals, employers and communities, and works in partnership with external organisations and other services across the Council. The Service receives an annual grant from the Skills Funding Agency (SFA).
- English, maths and information technology
- Employability and workforce development
- Learning in the community
- Learning in the school environment.
Our offer includes:
- courses for adults who need to improve their maths or English skills
- employability and pre-employment skills training
- vocational qualifications up to post-graduate level
- traineeships and apprenticeships for people aged 16 years and above
- leadership and management skills
- bespoke programmes for employers and employees
- programmes for people returning to learning as an adult (19 years and above)
- courses to help parents and carers support their children with learning
Find a course
Look for a course now using our online search engine. You can search by subject or by course title; you can even search by location. And if there is a day of the week that suits you best, or a time in the day when you would like to learn, you can filter the results to find what's available.
Our online directory covers current and future courses, and listings are refreshed each term. So if you don't find what you are looking for come back and search again later.
Courses for employers
Adult Education offers high quality teaching, training and assessment programmes for employers. In addition to offering a bespoke service tailoring programmes to the needs of individual employers, clients can choose from an existing portfolio of courses.