Check secondary school offer
Transfer to Secondary School 2017
Letters confirming the results of the waiting list round of allocations have now been sent out. If you applied to go on the waiting list but have not received your letter please email firstname.lastname@example.org Reply forms received with these letters should be returned by 12th April 2017.
If you have been unsuccessful in gaining a place at your preferred school/s you can contact us to find out your child’s position on any waiting list.
If you wish to make an appeal for a place at your preferred school/s you should contact the school’s direct for the necessary paperwork. Please see below for appeal key dates and refer to the school’s websites for more information.
You are still able to apply for a school place or request an alternative school place. In order to do this:-
Please complete the waiting list common application form (PDF, 155.1 KB) (DOCX, 29.4 KB) .
Alternatively please send an Email to email@example.com
In your email you must include the following information:-
- Your child’s name
- Your child’s Date of Birth
- Your child’s address
- If you have already been offered a school place can you please confirm whether or not you are accepting or declining the school place offered. Please name the school.
- The list of schools that you want to be placed on the waiting list for, in order of preference.
Where places are available or become available in a school we will continue to allocate places for secondary school transfers on a regular basis. Please see below:-
- Thursday 13th April 2017 and then every Friday up to 19th May 2017. Notification letters will be posted, second class, on these dates.
- Thereafter we will allocate available places daily upon receipt of applications.
Transfer to Secondary School 2018
Information regarding this will be available in May 2017.
- Wednesday 12 April 2017 - Closing date for return of reply forms
- May - July 2017 - Appeals (Please note that appeals should be made directly to the schools/academies after 3rd April and by 26th April 2017 so that your appeal can be heard by 28th June 2017, in time for the start of the 2017/18 academic year. Further information regarding the appeals timetable can be found on the schools website or by contacting them direct).
For Information and guidance regarding Middle to High School transfer please visit the relevant authorities website.
Transfer to a UTC September 2017
For information and to apply for a place at SGS Berkeley Green UTC please visit their website www.berkeleygreenutc.org.uk.
For information regarding UTC's outside Gloucestershire please visit the websites for these establishments and follow the procedures outlined in their policies. If you need to apply to your own Local Authority please contact Co-ordinated Admissions for the relevant form.
Applying for a school place during the school year
To apply for a school place if you move to the area during the school year or your child needs to move school for other reasons go to our in-year admissions page.
Busting the myths about applying for secondary school places
Put your preferences in your true preference order. If we cannot offer your first preference, your second preference becomes your first and so on.
If a grammar school is your true preference then list it first. You will not lose your place at your local school if you do not put it first, but grammar places seldom get offered during reconsideration.
If you only put one choice, or list the same choice four times, this does not mean we have to give you the place. All places are offered according to the schools over subscription criteria.
If your application is late, or you do not apply, you will be offered a place at the nearest school to your home address that has space available. This may not be your nearest school, or a school of your choosing, and you may be responsible for transport costs.
We cannot make decisions for you or recommend a particular school but we can guide and adviseyou about: school admissions policies, facilities, pupil numbers etc. We can also help you fill in the application forms. Contact Co-ordinated Admissions with your enquiry.