Check secondary school offer
Transfer to Secondary School or from Middle to High School September 2017
If you have applied online for transfer to Secondary School and Middle to High School for September 2017 offers are available on the family portal from 1 March 2017.
You should login to your online account to check your allocation and respond to any offer made.
If you are
- a Gloucestershire resident applying for the first time
- an Out of County applicant requiring a Gloucestershire School. (even if you have previously applied but want your child’s name added to a waiting list)
Please complete the waiting list common application form.
If you are having problems accessing all the above options we are now accepting email responses. In your email you must include the following information:-
- Your child’s name
- Your child’s Date of Birth
- Your child’s address
- Whether or not you are accepting or declining the school place offered. Please name the school.
- The list of schools that you want to be placed on the waiting list for, in order of preference.
In order for your request to be considered during the waiting list round you must submit any of the above to our offices by midnight 10th March 2017. Any form or email received after midnight will be considered as late and administered after all the on-time applications have been processed.
It is important to note that if we are able to allocate a place to your child from a school’s waiting list your original allocation will be withdrawn.
Grammar school applications
Grammar Test Information for those applying for a Grammar school place who have not previously taken the test:
- you must complete and submit a reply form or waiting list application form to us by midnight 10 March 2017.
- 15 March 2017 you will be contacted direct from the grammar school, via email, with details of how to apply to register for the grammar school test.
- From Thursday 16 March to Sunday 19 March 2017, 20:00hrs the grammar test online registration form will be open. It is important that you register between these dates as if you do not register your child will not be able to sit the test.
- Thursday 23 March 2017 Late test date. Information regarding this will be sent to you directly from the schools.
- If your child has previously taken the test but you did not request the test score to be shared with other schools, you can now do so by completing and adding the school/s to the reply form.
- You cannot apply to go on a Grammar schools waiting list if your child has previously taken the test and did not qualify to be considered for a place at that school. You do, however, have the right to appeal.
- Wednesday 1 March 2017 - Allocation Day
- Friday 10 March 2017 - Closing date to return reply form accepting the school/academy place allocated or requesting to go on waiting list
- After Wednesday 29 March 2017 - Letters sent out advising outcome of waiting list request
- Wednesday 12 April 2017 - Closing date for return of reply forms
- May - July 2017 - Appeals (Please note that appeals should be made directly to the schools/academies after 3rd April and by 26th April 2017 so that your appeal can be heard by 28th June 2017, in time for the start of the 2017/18 academic year. Further information regarding the appeals timetable can be found on the schools website or by contacting them direct).
For Information and guidance regarding Middle to High School transfer please visit the relevant authorities website.
Transfer to a UTC September 2017
For information and to apply for a place at SGS Berkeley Green UTC please visit their website www.berkeleygreenutc.org.uk.
For information regarding UTC's outside Gloucestershire please visit the websites for these establishments and follow the procedures outlined in their policies. If you need to apply to your own Local Authority please contact Co-ordinated Admissions for the relevant form.
Applying for a school place during the school year
To apply for a school place if you move to the area during the school year or your child needs to move school for other reasons go to our in-year admissions page.
Busting the myths about applying for secondary school places
Put your preferences in your true preference order. If we cannot offer your first preference, your second preference becomes your first and so on.
If a grammar school is your true preference then list it first. You will not lose your place at your local school if you do not put it first, but grammar places seldom get offered during reconsideration.
If you only put one choice, or list the same choice four times, this does not mean we have to give you the place. All places are offered according to the schools over subscription criteria.
If your application is late, or you do not apply, you will be offered a place at the nearest school to your home address that has space available. This may not be your nearest school, or a school of your choosing, and you may be responsible for transport costs.
We cannot make decisions for you or recommend a particular school but we can guide and adviseyou about: school admissions policies, facilities, pupil numbers etc. We can also help you fill in the application forms. Contact Co-ordinated Admissions with your enquiry.