Tools and templates
How do I explain a CAF to families or young people?
How do I start a CAF?
Thinking about starting a CAF? Follow the CAF Process Checklist [56kb]. The Gloucestershire Gloucestershire Guidance for Levels of Intervention - v1.2 (October 2014) [586kb] can help you understand the level of need for the child or young person in question, and can be found on the GSCB web site
The paperwork is as follows:
- CAF Initiation and Change Form [71kb]
- Complete this simple form to help you decide and record whether or not you should offer a CAF.
Pre Assessment Checklist [120kb]
- Before starting the CAF assessment you should complete the consent form with the parent/carer or young person to identify which agencies you can share information and consent for information storage Consent Form [78kb]
- The CAF Assessment Form (updated 01/03/12) is the main CAF document where you can collect and analyse the information CAF Assessment Form [65kb]
- Using an old version of Microsoft Word? Some of the functions of the new CAF form might not work properly - this document will show you how to get around it Guidance for Completing CAF Form in Old Versions of Word [1Mb]
- The CAF Review Form (updated 01/03/12), this should be used for all new CAF reviews CAF Review Form [58kb]
- To support you with using the CAF process use the guidance document, containing information on consent, assessment skills and how to use the new CAF forms CAF Guidance Document [157kb]
- If you are unclear what information you should be asking for you can use this helpful document on the CAF domains CAF Domains Document [78kb]
- To ensure your assessment contains everything it needs you can use these quality descriptors to check your work (useful tool for line managers and supervisors) CAF Quality Document [36kb]
- Not sure where to send you CAF paperwork and Notification of Spend forms to? Check here Locality E-mail Addresses [22kb]
- For information and advice on using the CAF across county borders, have a read of the Cross Border Principles Document [36kb]