Can I foster?
You can foster if you are over 21 and have a spare room or rooms in your home. There is no upper age limit, as long as you are active and in good health.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of race or religion. We are looking for foster carers all over Gloucestershire, including in Gloucester, Stroud, Cheltenham, the Cotswolds, the Forest of Dean and Tewkesbury.
You can foster if:
- You have children of your own who are over two years of age.
- You haven't had your own children and have experience of looking after other people's children.
- You are single.
- You are cohabiting and have been together at least two years.
- You are in a same-sex relationship.
- You work: you’ll need a good support network and to be available after school and during holiday periods.
- You rent your home.
- You own pets.
Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.