We need experienced foster carers to care for some of the most complex children in our county.
These are children who have experienced significant trauma in their young lives and need extraordinary foster carers with commitment, empathy and resilience.
You'll use therapeutic methods to help them through a crisis and prepare them to return home or to settle in general foster care.
This is a challenging role but you won't be alone! You'll work alongside a dedicated team of professionals, including social care staff, family support workers and mental health professionals.
There will be a residential element to the service, as well as care in your own home, with the residential element being developed in the future.
The nature of the commitment means this kind of fostering is best suited to a couple, one of whom would be the full-time carer.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Proven experience of working alongside children with complex needs, ideally as a foster carer or possibly in social care, health, education, in a residential setting or in youth justice
- The capacity to be available to a child or young person at any given time (any other children in your household should be over 12)
- Knowledge of attachment, emotional well-being and therapeutic parenting
- Knowledge of risk-taking behaviour, self harm and substance misuse
- The ability to be flexible
- A spare room in your home
- The ability to work as part of a team
- A commitment to supervision and to receiving support
- A commitment to training and development
- Basic IT skills
- A driver’s licence or a commitment to learning to drive
- A generous financial package of a weekly retainer of £650, plus age-related fostering allowances
- Out of hours support
- A team of professionals working alongside you, including specialist mental health support
- Regular supervision and training opportunities to increase your skills
- Being valued as part of an integrated team that makes a difference to children and young people
Find out more:
If you feel you have the experience and passion to be part of this exciting, creative service, contact us:
- Call 01242 532654 for an informal discussion
- Fill in an online enquiry form
- Send us an email (please include your telephone number)