Case Record Locking Procedures (Revised April 2016)
People who have access to County Council records are authorised to access only records and information necessary for their legitimate work duties.
Accessing records for any other purpose may be dealt with under the County Council's Managing Performance Improvement Procedure. In serious cases, this may be treated as gross misconduct leading to summary dismissal.
In exceptional circumstances, authorisation may be given for access to a case record to be restricted by 'locking' the record. There are no situations which automatically require a record to be locked.
The Case Record Locking Procedures describe the mandatory procedures for:
- Making a request to lock a case record
- Short term access to a locked record by non-allocated staff
- Reviewing quarterly locked case records reports
- Unlocking locked case records
- Closing locked case records