Interpretation and Translation Services
The Council has contracted for all verbal Interpretation and Translation Services (TIS) with a provider from the ESPO national TIS framework, AA Global.
They will provide all of the following:
- Face to face interpretation services (verbal)
- Telephone interpretation services
- Video interpretation services
- Translation, transcription and additional services
The advantages for using this framework are:
- Confidence that the services we buy off the framework will be of a consistent, high standard
- Officers complete a simple on-line application to access provision – training provided
- Monthly tracking to enable effect monitoring and data analysis
- Drawing down from the framework will reduce the unit cost of spend on TIS
- Our local individual translators and interpreters have the opportunity to join AA global
The Gloucestershire Deaf Association (GDA) will provide all British Sign Language (BSL) and lip-speaking interpretation.
This guidance applies to all situations where a service user, of any age, requires verbal or non-verbal interpretation, translation or transcription support. It should be read in conjunction with the NHS Accessible Information Standard Policy found at http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/ais.
GCC staff: make a booking
Register your details with AA Global and follow the online booking process: https://www.aaglobal.co.uk/make-a-booking/
Follow the online booking process for GDA: http://www.gda.org.uk/find-a-service/communications-support-unit/book-a-bsl-interpreter.aspx.
All bookings will require your team cost centre code. Bookings will not be accepted without this. Ensure you add sufficient information on the booking form to enable AA Global and GDA to match the most appropriate interpreter to the assignment.
Interested in interpreting and translating with AA Global? Go to https://www.aaglobal.co.uk/join-us/ for more information
Any queries contact: email@example.com