Reading Groups and reading ideas
Don't forget it's free to Join the library.
Start a Book Club or Reading Group
Reading is a great way to meet people and share your love of books and reading. There are several websites that can give you practical advice and support:
Set up a Reading Group account
Contact your local library to set up a reading group account and receive your 'group' borrower card.
Reading Group library members benefit from
- Free reservations on our reading group collections.
- Longer loans - you can borrow books for up to 8 weeks.
- A place to meet - with the agreement of the Library Manager.
- A place to advertise for group members.
- Our current list of book collections for reading groups - best for printing out
- Search our catalogueOpens new window
Why not write a book review? Tell us what you think about a book in any format
Ideas of what to read
There are a wealth of websites set up to give you and your group inspiration for what to read next
- Reading Agencyow. The Reading Agency also has a calendar of reading/literature events in the UK
- reader2reader - the readers' section of the People's Network, a site for sharing opinions on booksOpens new window
- Literature Works - the strategic literature development charity for South West England, including Gloucestershire.
- Reading Group support from lovereading.co.uk
Reading groups in schools
Make a suggestion
Read a good book and think the library should have a copy? Let us know -
We review your suggestions regularly, keep an eye on the library catalogue to see any new additions.