Book a computer & free Wi-Fi
Book a computer
- Free to use for up to 2 hours
- Book up to 8 sessions in advance - log in 10 minutes before to avoid booking lapse.
- Walk up access is available for library members using your library card and PIN.
How to book in advance if you are a Gloucestershire Library member:
- Log in with your library membership card number and PIN (if you need to reset your PIN )
- The computers shut down 10 minutes before the library closes.
How to access if you are not a library member:
If you live, work or study in the county it is free to join Gloucestershire Libraries.
If you are a visitor then please bring ID when you visit the library
Use is dependent on availability
Use by children aged under 16
It is the parent or carer's responsibility to monitor and manage use of the Internet and library computers by children aged under 16 in their care. If a parent or carer has concern about the content a child may access then he/she should accompany the children on their library visit.
Access for people with a disability
- All of our computers have accessibility software loaded.
- Our computers don't have speakers. You will need to bring your own headphones to make use of sound-based facilities.
Terms and Conditions of use
To use a computer you must be a library member and agree to the Library Service's public computers Acceptable Use Agreement as set out in Use of the Internet and computer devices in libraries.
GCC is not licensed for the public broadcast of music performances - if you wish to listen to music performances via a library computer you will need to complete a Private study agreement.
Free Public Wi-Fi
Do I have to be a library member to use the Wi-Fi?
No, the Wi-Fi is available for use by all visitors to the library.
Do I need to register to use Wi-Fi?
You will be asked to read and accept the terms and conditions of use. This will give you access to the Wi-Fi system.
Three simple steps to using the Library Wi-Fi:
- Ensure your device (phone, lap top, tablet) settings allow it to connect to Wi-Fi. Check your settings and Connect to 'Library Wi-Fi'
- Open a web browser. A log in screen will appear asking you to agree to the terms and conditions of use.
- Once you have completed the log on process click on done and you are free to use the Wi-Fi,
Help using computers and the internet
- Many libraries have a volunteer Computer Buddy who can help on a one to one basis - find out more: Computer Buddies.
- Library staff are on hand to help you to access the Wi-Fi service
- Staff and volunteers can also demonstrate the library services available on your laptop, phone or tablet:
- Digital skills sessions will be run in libraries throughout the year and will be advertised in the library and via the website and activity pages:
- Find out more about learning in our Libraries
- Free digital courses to help you use your Tablet:
Where are there free public Wi-Fi facilities?
Wi-Fi is available in:
- All Council run libraries
- in the 8 Community libraries
In addition, Gloucestershire Archives also now has Wi-Fi.
What does Wi-Fi provision include?
- Free access for all customers with a device
- Fast connection speeds
- Filtered Wi-Fi to prevent access to specific illegal websites and material.
- Customers are asked to accept standard terms & conditions of use
- An ability to track and block devices if the service is misused