PIN access for some of our digital services
We have introduced PINs to give your account additional security.
If you have not already received your PIN please contact us .
If you have already given us your email address you can reset your PIN by going to the My account log in page, click on reset and you will then be sent a link which will allow you to reset your PIN.
You will need your Gloucestershire library card number & PIN to access some of our digital services:
- Your Library account, where you can search the catalogue, save and share lists, reserve, renew, rate, update your details and change your PIN
- OverDrive - eBooks and eAudiobooks
- BorrowBox - eAudiobooks
- The Library App - quick access to your library account and services
Currently, you do not require a PIN to access
- PC booking system
- Self service kiosks
- Telephone renewals service
- Virtual Reference Library resources
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions telling you more about the changes.
Why have you made these changes?
We identified that by upgrading our IT we could offer real improvements in the way we deliver library services. With the new system you will enjoy greater benefits, more choice and new ways to access library services.
It will also deliver greater value for local tax payers too, saving over a quarter of a million pounds over the life of the contract.
What are the benefits for me as a library customer?
There are huge benefits for library customers, including:
- A brand new library catalogue - putting everything in one place it will be easier to search, see what's new and link to eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Improved security - PINs will add an extra level of security to your library account and all your library transactions.
- Email notifications - register your email address and you will get email notifications to help you manage your loans and reservations more effectively.
- Join online - if you are 16 or over you can join online and get a temporary borrower number so you can reserve items straight away. You can complete the joining process when you go to your local library - remember to bring your ID!
- Pay online - next year you will be able to pay any library fees or fines online using your debit or credit card.
What other changes are being made?
Behind the scenes there will be a number of other changes making the library services more efficient, including a new database with improved data about stock holdings.
eBook and eAudiobook records are being added to the library catalogue - one search will display all format options and link out to our external eBook/eAudiobook providers.
What's more, acting on feedback from customers, we have taken this opportunity to clarify and update our joining policy and procedures, including:
- A new, easier joining form
We ask that all people who live, work or study in Gloucestershire who take advantage of the free computer services available in libraries join the library. To do this you will need to bring along your ID
- Amend the maximum number of active reservations any customer can have at any one time to 10 in order to manage demand on library stock.
- Automatically block customers with library fines exceeding 10, requesting that customers pay fines promptly or agree to a payment plan in order to begin accessing library services again.
Why are you asking for my email address?
By sharing your email address you will benefit from email notifications:
- You new library PIN
- Renewal reminder - sent 2-3 days prior to an item's due date, prompting you to return or renew to avoid library fines.
- Reservation collection - to let you know when your reservations are ready for collection at your chosen library.
- Reservation Cancellation - to let you know if we have had to cancel a reservation or as confirmation of a reservation that you may have cancelled online.
Why is it not possible to join online if I am under 16?
To keep children safe we require all children under 16 to have a guarantor who takes responsibility for their membership and agrees to our terms and conditions of membership. In order to join, the guarantor needs to complete the joining process for the child in person.
All these services enable you to access your library account information and complete transactions. By adding the PIN we are adding a second layer of security to ensure only you can complete transactions.
You are able to update the allocated PIN to a 4 digit number of your choosing to help you. You can do this online in My Account or speak to a member of staff to do this (Don't forget your ID!).
I am a parent/guardian so I look after the library membership for several children, how can I remember a PIN for each child?
To make it easier for parents and guardians we have introduced the option to change the 4 digit PIN to a set of numbers that you will remember. You can apply this PIN to each child so you only have to remember a single PIN. You can do this online in My Account or speak to a member of staff to do this (Don't forget your ID!).
I use a community run library. How will I be affected by the changes?
We have 8 community libraries in the county run by voluntary and community groups (Berkeley, Bream, Brockworth, Lechlade, Newnham, Minchinhampton, Mitcheldean, Painswick). All will benefit from new library system being introduced.
To request your library PIN or register your email address you can contact the library or pop into your nearest library. Once you have registered your email address and received your PIN you can update personal details, change your PIN or reset it online.
Each library will advise customers of services available and opening times.