Adopted minerals and waste local plans
Adopted plans used for determining planning applications for minerals and waste proposals
Two adopted Local Plans are in place to guide planning decisions on minerals and waste developments throughout Gloucestershire. The Gloucestershire Minerals Local Plan (MLP) (1997-2006), which was adopted in April 2003 and the Gloucestershire Waste Local Plan (WLP) (2002-2012), adopted in October 2004.Both plans can be downloaded below.
Importantly a number of the policies contained in both plans have now been deleted.This means they no longer form part of the 'development plan'. However, they may still be a material consideration (where appropriate) in the determination of planning applications in the absence of new style plans. The weight to attach to these policies is a matter for decision-makers on a case-by-case basis. The policies, which have been deleted or 'not saved' can be reviewed below.
- Adopted Gloucestershire Minerals Local Plan (MLP)
- Schedule of 'Saved' and 'Deleted' Minerals Local Plan Policies
- Adopted Gloucestershire Waste Local Plan (WLP)
- Schedule of 'Saved' and 'Deleted' Waste Local Plan Policies
- Minerals Local Plan - Direction from Secretary of State (September 2007)
- Waste Local Plan - Direction from Secretary of State (October 2007)
In addition, progress has been made in replacing both minerals and waste local plans.
In November 2013 the Waste Core Strategy (WCS) for Gloucestershire was adopted. This document replaces most of the previously saved Waste Local Plan policies. Appendix 1 of the WCS outlines those adopted policies, which remain in force from the adopted WLP.
Work is also ongoing to replace the minerals local plan.