Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO) and Traffic Schemes
A Traffic Regulation Order is required to legally enforce a new or modified restriction on traffic as part of an improvement scheme, for example:
- speed limits
- on-street parking
- weight limits
- one-way streets
You can also find information on Improvement Schemes, for example;
- road humps
- pedestrian crossings
- traffic calming features
For more information surrounding TRO's please click on the link below.
To view the current status of our programme please click on the link below.
TROs and Schemes by District currently under consultation
A40 London Road, Charlton Kings - Proposed 30 mph Speed Limit
Exmouth Street Area, Cheltenham - Proposed Waiting Restrictions
Redmarley Road, Cheltenham - Proposed Waiting Restrictions
A40 Gloucester Road, Cheltenham - Proposed Bus Lane
Sandford Mill Rd, Keynsham Rd & Winchcombe St, Cheltenham - One Way Traffic Flows with Contra-flow Cycling
Glovers Way, Tetbury - Proposed One Way
Cirencester Town Centre Improvements
Gloucestershire County Council, working in partnership with Cirencester Town Council, is proposing a number of changes to the highway network in and around the Market Place. The proposals include alterations to parking arrangements, one way traffic restrictions, prohibition of right turn movements, the introduction of zebra crossings and raised highway surfaces. The proposed changes support the revised layout of the Market Place and town centre traffic management scheme.
For further information please see the various downloads.
Shab Hill - Proposed Prohibition of Driving and No Entry Traffic Regulation Order
Cirencester (Various Roads) - Proposed Waiting Restrictions
Stow-on-the-Wold (Various Roads) - Proposed Waiting Restrictions
Longborough - proposed speed limit changes
Mickleton Broad Marston Road - speed limit extension
Northleach Waiting Restrictions
Forest of Dean
Joys Green Traffic Calming
Onslow Road, Newent - Proposed Traffic Calming
B4228 Staunton Road, Coleford 40mph Speed Limit
Gloucester Transport Hub (Bus Station) - Traffic Regulation Orders
Proposed traffic regulation orders to facilitate the redevelopment of Gloucester bus station. These include changes to traffic movements, pedestrian crossings, bus lanes and the re-opening of the Station Road / Bruton Way junction (near Prince Street). Please note that this does NOT include the partial closure of Bruton Way immediately in front of the new bus station.
The redevelopment of Gloucester Bus Station requires changes to be made to some Traffic Orders on the streets in the surrounding area. For more information, please see the "Download" panel on the right hand side of the screen.
The general effect of these Orders would be to:
- Revoke the existing Prohibition of Driving Order on Station Road, Gloucester at its junction with A430 Bruton Way to allow this junction to be re-opened to traffic.
- Prohibit U Turns at the new set of traffic signals that will be installed at the above junction. Right turns into Station Road from the southbound carriageway of the A430 Bruton Way will also be prohibited.
- Make changes to the bus lanes on Bruton Way, Station Road and Market Parade including shortening the lengths of the bus lanes, changing the exemptions and revoking parts of existing bus lanes.
- Revoke the existing one-way and compulsory left-turn Order on the access roads to the multi-storey car park in Bruton Way.
- Provide two new zebra crossings. These will replace the existing zebra crossing and pelican crossing on Station Road. The existing zebra crossings on both Bruton Way and the multi-storey car park entrance & exit roads will be removed.
These Orders will now come into effect on 7th August 2017.
Davy Way & Marconi Drive Area - Proposed Waiting Restrictions
Abbeymead Avenue, Gloucester - Proposed No U-Turn
Berkeley Rail Bridge - Temporary 30mph speed limit
Berkeley Bridge Temporary 30mph speed limit - Sealed Order
Eastcombe - Proposed 30mph speed limit extension
High St/Marle Hill, Chalford - proposed waiting restrictions
B4077 Alderton - Proposed 50mph Speed Limit