Clerks' Briefings dates:
Clerks’ Briefings are held at venues across the county for you to come along and learn about the latest developments in school governance and provide an opportunity to meet other clerks. The next lot of briefings will be held at the end of April/beginning of May 2018. We will email all clerks direct and also publish the dates on this page and in What's Up Gov?.
Reports and Handouts from previous Clerks Briefings
Autumn Term 2017
Summer Term 2017
Autumn Term 2016
Spring Term 2016
An example job description for the position of clerk to a governing board.
The post of Clerk to the Governors is a G Grade with a salary range between points 19 - 27.
Some governing bodies may wish clerks to undertake additional work. If this is the case, the job description and salary should be amended as appropriate.
You should keep a record of the hours you work. If this exceeds the hours approved in your job description you are entitled to appropriate remuneration.
Although it is not compulsory, a governing board can choose to pay allowances to governors.
All governing boards should consider adopting a formal Allowances Policy.
This can only be offered for legitimate expenses e.g.
- Childcare expenses
- Care arrangements for elderly or dependent relative
- Support for governors with special needs (e.g. audio equipment)
- Support for governors whose first language is not English (e.g. translations)
- Telephone charges, photocopying, stationary etc.
- Travel and subsistence (i.e. reimbursement for meals purchased that would not have usually been bought).
Additional information regarding this can be found on the DfE website