Getting in Touch Through Play Training - 13 July 2017
As part of an on-going program to make successful transitions for children in care, the Gloucestershire Virtual School are pleased to be able to offer free training for members of your staff in 'Getting in Touch Through Play'. The training is taking place on Thursday 13th July 2017 at The Pavillion, Cheltenham, GL51 6PN, 9:00am – 4:00pm.
The training day will investigate the processes involved for children, especially those who have experienced the trauma of leaving their birth families and are now in care or moving to their forever family.
Themes covered include:
- Attachment and loss – the psychology of transition
- Containment - the child’s needs expressed through behaviour
- Early brain development and the impact on children in care in schools
- Soothing and de-escalation connecting with children using play and creative arts
- This day is for teachers and practitioners seeking a deeper understanding of the inner world of a child who has been in care.
To book a place, please contact Virtualschooladmin@gloucestershire.gov.uk 01452 328360