TV Licensing


This is a reminder that schools and colleges must be covered by a valid TV Licence if anyone

  • watches or record live TV programmes on any channel, or
  • downloads or watches any BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand.

This applies to any provider and device they use, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or Blu-ray/DVD/VHS recorder. Usually one TV Licence will cover the entire school or college. However, in some cases, certain areas need a separate TV Licence. Please check at the following link to ensure your school is correctly licensed:  TV Licensing


Help us improve Schoolsnet

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.