Update on the reshaping of education
As you may already be aware, the national education policy has been developing rapidly. Our role as a Local Authority is threefold:
- Ensuring that the system works for children and families – that high quality places are available in the right places, that meet the aspirations of families and reflect the continuum of need;
- Championing, supporting and improving outcomes for vulnerable children – those with additional needs (including SEND) or who face particular challenges because of their family circumstances or medical condition;
- School intervention and oversight of maintained schools
To help structure our plans we had a wider conversation about our future role in education, our priorities and how we move forward to address the challenges. Having carefully considered the issues and feedback in detail, we believe our structure needs to be amended to guide and enable the Education Hub to work in the new way required to respond to the issues and challenges facing the sector.
We have therefore developed a new structure which includes three service areas under the Head of Education:
Education Outcomes & Intervention
- Commissioning for Learning
- Services for Children with Additional Needs
We are currently going through the process of filling posts in the new structure which will continue into the new year.
We will keep you updated on the progress and any changes that will affect you such as your key points of contact.