Racist incidence guidance
Managing racist and other prejudice-related incidents is part of daily school life. Most incidents are low level name-calling in the playground but even these can still have a profound effect on individuals and the life of a school.
The purpose of these racist incidence guidelines is to assist schools to:
- Respond to racist incidents and maintain a non-racist ethos.
- Manage other prejudice-related incidents such as homophobia
- Meet their statutory duties within legislation.
- Satisfy the expectations of OFSTED.
- Record and monitor racist incidents in order to identify actions required and evaluate the effectiveness of actions taken.