Planning and Strategic Infrastructure
The County Council's Planning & Strategic Infrastructure function performs a number of statutory planning duties. It also actively participates in a broad range of development-related activities for the benefit of Gloucestershire.
- Considering planning applications for public infrastructure proposals mostly on County Council land such as maintained schools, libraries and local transport schemes. Click here
- Supporting, advising and mobilising resources in respect of emerging local plans, infrastructure delivery plans, community infrastructure levies and regeneration strategies prepared by Gloucestershire's district councils, and neighbourhood plans put together by the county's parish and town councils. Click here
- Representing the infrastructure interests of the County Council with major development proposals. Click here
- Promoting economic development and local growth initiatives, working collaboratively with the GFirst LEP - Gloucestershire's Local Enterprise Partnership..
- Directing, project managing, and monitoring public investment in local infrastructure schemes. For example: - the roll out of rural super-fast broadband, flood management works, and sustainable transport projects and programmes; and
- Putting together the local transport plan (LTP) for Gloucestershire - the policy framework and future funding direction for maintaining and enhancing local transport networks and infrastructure across the county. Click here