What is Telecare?
Telecare equipment supports people to live safely and independently at home. Using special sensors Telecare can detect potential emergencies at home, like:
- Medication mismanagement
- Carbon monoxide
- Gas leaks
The equipment is linked to a 24 hour monitoring centre, where a trained operator will manage an appropriate response as required.
Types of Telecare sensors include fall detectors, bed and chair sensors, movement sensors, smoke and heat detectors, and medication prompting devices.
Stand Alone Telecare Equipment can also be used within the home to alert an onsite carer or family member via a pager system.
Through using Telecare you will:
- Feel safer and more confident at home
- Ensure help is called quickly in the event of an emergency in the home or in the community
- Maintain independence with daily tasks like washing, bathing, cooking, cleaning, and gardening
- Give reassurance and peace of mind to your family or carer
- Reduce the likelihood of hospital admission
- Reduce the need for domiciliary care or going into a care home
- Physical disabilities
- Memory problems
- Learning difficulties
- Mental health problems
Find out if Telecare can help you, contact the Adult Helpdesk on 01452 426868.
Look on the new self-help site and complete an assessment to find possible equipment that works for you and your home.