Health and children in care
While in care, the local authority must look after the health of each child in care. As Corporate Parents they want the young person to be as well as possible at all times and get ill as little as possible.
The area of Health encompasses the following:
- Ensuring the young person is registered with a doctor and a dentist
- Ensuring the young person has a health assessment each year.
- Children under five years will see a doctor twice a year for a health assessment.
- Ensuring health care needs are part of the young persons care plan and that health is part of the Review discussions.
- Identifying vital information about young person's health as they enter care.