Key Stage 4
Useful links for revision
Access hundreds of learning resources, download the app and revise on the go.
GCSE PAST PAPERS
The main GCSE exam boards used by schools are:
|Assessment and Qualifications Alliance (AQA)|
|Oxford, Cambridge and RSA Exams (OCR)|
|Welsh Joint Examinations Committee (WJEC)|
On each site you can download past papers and mark schemes, which will help you with your revision.
Brain Boosting Tips
- Jogging and walking improve circulation to the brain.
- Studies have shown that exercise can help sustain cells in the hippocampus - part of brain vital for memory and learning.
Feed your brain
- Omega 3 fatty acids in tuna or sardines improve cognitive abilities and mood.
- Vitamin B - Marmite helps to boost your brain. YOU EITHER HATE IT OR LOVE IT!
Take a Break
- Pace your revision.
- Cardiff University report - 'The number of facts that can be retained drops after 40minutes. A 20 minute break allows you to work for another 40 minutes.'
Relax your Body
- Use relaxation techniques before an exam to help your mind to access facts and solves problems more effectively.
- Deep breathing - inhaling, exhaling at a slow pace for 2 minutes.
Sleep on it
- Lack of sleep can effect creativity and decision making skills.
- 7-8 hours sleep a night is essential.
- Learning facts just before you go sleep helps cement what you have learnt.
- 30 minute power nap increases afternoon brain performance and prevents information overload.
- Our brains contain 80% water so dehydration is bad for you.
- You are recommended to drink between 4-5 pints of water a day.
Lay off Technology
- Psychologists claim frequent use of texting, on computer playing games can lower IQ more than twice as much as marijuana.
- Temporary loss in IQ is due to the brain multitasking and losing its overall effectiveness.