We will be fixing the accessibility issues on the site as soon as practicable.
Our approach to this is to categorise & prioritise according to the following matrix:
High impact but low use
High impact and high use
Low impact and low use
Low impact but high use
§These issues are training related. We include accessibility training all web and email bulletin sessions but we have problems with:
- users producing badly structured pages because they think they can produce "better" content, typically ignoring heading consistency and misusing images containing text (typically infographics & posters);
- poor document preparations skills and a complete lack of understanding of how to structure a document well and check it for accessibility.
*Third party embedded content such as video players, maps and calendars, typically contained in <iframes> will be checked in a second phase and where issues are discovered we will contact the supplier of such content to discuss improvement. Where necessary, we will investigate and switch to more accessible alternatives.
- Accessibility tested & roadmap developed
- Constitution translated from PDF to HTML
- Preparing "training" guidance for all system editors.
- Checking notice contrast accessibility
- Open urgent ticket for tab order keyboard access
- Open ticket with supplier for system generated code issues
- Confirm theme changes with design
- Open ticket with supplier for theme issue
- Accessibility training for all admin authors (Digital Team)
- Accessibility training for champions
- Implement workflow for content approval
Other issues (not listed above)
The issues detected will be submitted as tickets to the supplier.