Update January 2021:
Following the government announcement on 4th January 2021, the majority of our face to face delivery has been moved online or postponed; we will however be opening our centre every Wednesday from 27th January for the most vulnerable within our communities, supporting them with mental health, wellbeing and digital skills.
We don’t currently have the facility to provide IT equipment, however if you’re struggling and need some support then please contact us and we will see if we can support you.
If you would like to join any of our remote learning courses, you will need:
- A computer, tablet or smartphone with safe and secure access to the internet
- A quiet area to engage with online teaching
- A personal email address to join the sessions
Exams will continue as booked throughout January and we are awaiting further Government guidance to be released for February and beyond.
Gloucestershire Adult Education will provide equal access to high quality education for all. We are inclusive and keen to support everyone so that you can achieve your true potential. If you have a disability, a learning difficulty, a health issue or other support needs, we will do our best to help you succeed in learning. Please discuss your needs with us as soon as possible. It would be helpful if you could tell us about your needs when you enrol, so that we can make adjustments to help you access learning in the way that suits you best.
All online learning will continue as planned, and full details about the remote learning that is currently available can be found here on our website. If you have any queries, we can still be contacted via telephone: 0800 542 1655, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and our social media channels.
Please adhere to the following guidance when entering our centre:
- Please wear a face covering at all times when moving around the building. You will not be expected to wear one when settled in your seat in your classroom (If you don’t have one, one can be provided for you).
- We do register all your details when entering the building, but you can also use the track and trace QR code we have around the building.
- We have a one way system around the centre which you must adhere to and remain at least 2 metres away from others at all times.
- We have various sanitation points and we will ask all of our visitors to wash/sanitise their hands regularly.
- All learners must bring their own stationary if possible, although we will provide if you do not have this. You may bring your own drinks, as we will not have this facility available to you.
- All materials for your learning will be provided for you and sanitised prior to your session.
- As per Government guidelines, you must not attend the centre if you are feeling unwell, and if you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 then you must book in for a test.
We look forward to continuing to support you, please stay safe.