Learn more about our Apprenticeships offer. If you have any queries regarding Apprenticeships, please contact our team on 0800 542 1655 or contact email@example.com
Advanced Learner Loans can be used to help with the costs of courses delivered by a college or training provider within England.
Who is eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan?
Eligibility for an Advanced Learner Loan depends on the course, college or training provider, your age and nationality or residency status. To be eligible for the loan you must:
- be 19 or over on the first day of your course
- be sitting a level 3,4,5 or 6 qualification
- be at an approved college or training provider within England
You must also:
- be living in the UK on the first day of your course
- have been living in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for 3 years before starting your course
- be a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (this means there are no restrictions on how long you can stay)
More eligibility criteria can be found here
How do you apply for an Advanced Learner Loan?
Information on how to apply can be found here
How much will you get with an Advanced Learner Loan?
The amount you will get with a loan depends on the type of course, the fees and the maximum loan available for the the course. The minimum loan that you are able to get is £300 and is paid directly to your college or training provider.
When do you repay an Advanced Learner Loan?
You will not start repayments for your loan until your income is over £25,716 (£494 a week or £2,143 a month) before tax and other deductions. The loan will get written off 30 years after the April you were first due to repay.
Adult Education in Gloucestershire cannot offer financial advice. Please contact an independent money advice service before taking out an Advanced Learner Loan.