Education and Training
Join our free information event on Friday 4th September 2020!
Level 3 Award in Education and Training
About the course
This is an introductory teaching course, for people interested in becoming a teacher or trainer in the post-16 education and skills sector. It is also suitable for people who are new to teaching, or who have to deliver teaching or training as part of their role. You may wish to earn money by teaching your hobby, skill or trade to others. This course will provide you with the practice and the confidence to do so.
The course will cover the basic skills and knowledge required when teaching:
- Roles, responsibilities and relationships in education
- Creating an inclusive learning environment
- Using inclusive teaching and learning approaches
- Lesson planning
- Assessing learning
Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
About the course
This course is for those working in the post-16 education and skills sector. If you are new to teaching, perhaps because you need to undertake it as part of your job, or have already been teaching or tutoring for a while but wish to gain a formal qualification, then this course is for you. You must have access at least 30 hours of teaching practice with learners if you wish to do this qualification.
Cost: £1265 - This covers the cost of your tuition and assessment fees, and includes the course text book. You can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan for this qualification.*
The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need as a teacher or trainer:
- Roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Planning, delivering and assessing inclusive teaching and learning sessions
- Using resources effectively
- Further optional units of study, specific to your role are available – please see the downloadable course information sheet for more detail
*Advanced learner loans must be approved before the start of the course.