Functional Skills English
All the English skills you'll need to succeed in life and in business!
Reading, writing and communication skills are fundamental to informed decision-making processes. Improving your knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation and widening your experience of writing styles will help you perform better in work tasks and give you more confidence in everyday life.
Click here to see the course topics
- Taking bookings and reservations
- Making notes in meetings
- Writing letters and reports
- Understanding and resolving complaints
- Solving problems with colleagues
- Getting your point across
- Giving presentations to customers and partners
- Competing forms and applying for services
- Understanding the terms and conditions of purchasing or other agreements
- Making sense of charts, diagrams and timetables
- Getting more out of reading for pleasure
|What are Functional Skills?
They are practical skills in English and Maths for adults. They provide you with essential knowledge, skills and understanding that will enable you to operate confidently, effectively and independently in every day life and work.
Why do a Functional Skills Qualification?
Achieving one or more of these qualifications could increase your confidence and motivation, access to employment and further learning opportunities. It will be a valuable addition on your CV.
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions Adult Education in Gloucestershire will be running our September 2020 Functional Skills English and Maths courses remotely to ensure the safety of our learners and staff, while maintaining current Government social distancing guidelines.