Functional Skills Maths
Fundamental mathematics for everyday applications at work and at home!
Learning new ways to do calculations and improving your skills for estimating and checking could help you perform better at work and give you more confidence in everyday tasks
Click here to see the course topics
- Working out costs and savings
- Taking payments and giving change
- Managing stock levels
- Planning journeys and delivery schedules
- Using spreadsheets
- Creating and understanding reports
- Budgeting the household bills
- Helping your children with maths
- Estimating arrival times when travelling
- Calculating quantities for ‘DIY’ tasks
- Comparing supermarket prices and pack sizes so you get the best value
- Choosing the best phone tariff for your needs
|What are Functional Skills?
They are practical skills in English and maths for adults. They provide you with essential knowledge, skills and understanding that will enable you to operate confidently, effectively and independently in every day life and work.
Why do a Functional Skills Qualification?
Achieving one or more of these qualifications could increase your confidence and motivation, access to employment and further learning opportunities. It will be a valuable addition on your CV.
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions Adult Education in Gloucestershire will be running our September 2020 Functional Skills English and Maths courses remotely to ensure the safety of our learners and staff, while maintaining current Government social distancing guidelines.