Learn more about our Apprenticeship offer. For more information, please contact our Apprenticeships team on 0800 542 1655 or via email at email@example.com
- Level 3 Business Administrator
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner
- Level 3 Customer Service Specialist
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Level 3 Early Years Educator
- Level 5 Early Years Lead Practitioner
- Level 3 Learning Mentor
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor
- Level 5 Operations Manager
Level 3 Early Years Educator
The Early Years Educator Apprenticeship is designed to provide the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours for Early Years Educators, and other job roles such as nursery nurse and childminders, who play a key role in ensuring that young children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe. They work in a range of settings including full day care, children’s centres, pre schools, reception classes and as childminders. They may either be working on their own or supervising others to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by Government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 years old.
This Apprenticeship is typically 18 months long, with an additional three months for End Point Assessment.
20% of the Apprentice’s time should be spent in paid off the job learning, so an employer will need to ensure that time is allocated for learning.
Adult Education provides workshops that support the apprentice in gaining the knowledge required to achieve their programme. We also offer clinics where learners can attend for advice and support if they are struggling with their assignments or projects.
Every twelve weeks a formal review will take between the learner, employer and assessor where progress/concerns to date and targets for the next twelve weeks are discussed and agreed.
Dedicated trainers and assessors will support the delivery from providing training in our specially written workshops to monthly assessment visits to aid and support progression, generation of evidence, guidance and support.
What the Apprenticeship looks like
The Apprenticeship consists of:
- Functional Skills in Maths and English at Level 2
- Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Learning and Development (Early Years Educator)
- Early Years Educator standard – which looks at the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours required
- Apprentices must successfully complete the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF) to meet the EYFS requirements.
Adult Education is pleased to be able to offer the Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Learning and Development (Early Years Educator) qualification at no extra cost to support the learner and employer with gaining the required skills. Adult Education will also work with both the employer and the learner to identify a personalised training programme.
We also offer a licence for our CPD Courses. Please see our CPD page for more information.
Gateway and End Point Assessment
The employer will need to choose an independent End Point Assessment Organisation, who will complete the Apprenticeship process.
The End Point Assessment has a number of requirements:
- Knowledge test – multiple-choice Knowledge Test
- Portfolio Based discussion – a structured professional discussion around the showcase portfolio
The End Point Assessor will then award a grade.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01452 583000 for more information.