Information on English courses.
All the English skills you'll need to succeed in life and in business.
Reading, writing and communication skills are fundamental to informed decision-making processes. Improving your knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation and widening your experience of writing styles will help you perform better in work tasks and give you more confidence in everyday life.
What are Functional Skills?
They are practical skills in English and Maths for adults. They provide you with essential knowledge, skills and understanding that will enable you to operate confidently, effectively and independently in every day life and work.
Functional Skills is a widely accepted equivalent to GCSEs fully supported by the Government. If you need GCSEs to progress on further or higher education, please check that the relevant institution accepts Functional Skills as an alternative before enrolling.
Why do a Functional Skills Qualification?
Achieving one or more of these qualifications could increase your confidence and motivation, access to employment and further learning opportunities. It will be a valuable addition on your CV.
- Taking bookings and reservations
- Making notes in meetings
- Writing letters and reports
- Understanding and resolving complaints
- Solving problems with colleagues
- Getting your point across
- Giving presentations to customers and partners
- Competing forms and applying for services
- Understanding the terms and conditions of purchasing or other agreements
- Making sense of charts, diagrams and timetables
- Getting more out of reading for pleasure
We will be starting our new Autumn 2022 Functional Skills English and Maths courses from September 2022 onwards. This page will be updated shortly, please continue to check our website so you can apply to join our courses.