In Family Learning we allow children to come together with their parents to interact and build on their skills. We offer a wide variety of courses that have been developed to enhance skills and knowledge, ranging from healthy eating to Maths and English.
We also offer sessions within schools that focus on helping parents to support their children with their learning.
We offer a variety of Family Cookery courses and workshops where you will learn more about making healthy meals that are quick, tasty and cost effective. We have sessions that focus on meal planning, exploring the different ways to ensure that your family are eating a balanced diet, and discovering tips on how you can make your money go further. We also run cookery courses that allow parents and children to work together in the kitchen to create delicious recipes that the whole family will love.
Some examples of what we offer:
- 'Feed your Family Well for Less' is a six week cookery course where you will explore cost saving ideas, healthy eating, meal planning, shopping lists and new ideas to help make your ingredients go further.
- At our fun and practical 'Family cookery workshop' your family will work together to cook some delicious food, which you will be able to take away and enjoy at home. Prepare to get everyone involved!
- 'Feed your family on a budget' - A one off cookery workshop for adults to discover tips and tricks for making cost effective meals that taste great. You will look at cost saving ideas, healthy eating and how to plan cheap, healthy meals for children over the school holidays.
- Our six week 'Simple, Affordable Family Meals' course is all about learning how to cook something new. You will make a nutritious meal each week from scratch, using simple ingredients, which you can then take home to share with the family. If you are looking to eat a wider and more varied diet, then this is the course for you.
- We also offer a range of seasonal workshops, with activities that reflect the time of year.
We offer a variety of Family Learning courses that take place at different locations around Gloucestershire. To see which sessions are currently running, please visit our course listings page.