Information on IT courses.
Whether you would like to boost your IT skills for employment, get to grips with using a tablet or increase your confidence with getting online, we have a course for you. Our beginners ICT courses can get you feeling confident with the basics, and there is then the opportunity to move on to further courses that lead to an accredited qualification.
Some examples of what we offer:
- 'Computer Basics Part 1' is a six week course perfect for complete beginners. In a friendly and supportive atmosphere you will cover the key basics, such as booting up and closing down, opening up an application, and creating and saving a document. This course will get you off to a really good start and give you the confidence to make use of the features on your computer. There is also a 'Part 2' course where you can expand your knowledge further.
- 'Computer Confidence for work’ – Get more confident with using the basic IT skills that employers are looking for, such as keyboard & mouse skills, Microsoft, emails and internet for beginners.
- We offer a number of courses and workshops that are funded by Fastershire, a partnership between Herefordshire Council and Gloucestershire County Council to bring faster broadband to the two counties. Come along to improve your online skills, learn how you can make the most of the internet, and increase your confidence. These sessions are fun and friendly, and delivered by a qualified tutor.
- ‘Computer Basics Part 2’ is a six week follow on course for anyone who has completed the part 1 course, or those who already have a little bit of computer experience. This course will teach you how to manage files and folders, create longer word documents that include pictures and borders, help you to understand the page layout and make the most of the tools available on the tool bar. This course will get you ready to take our computer qualification.
- We also run a variety of one day workshops such as 'Getting to know your Tablet' and 'Online Safety'.
We offer a variety of ICT courses that take place at different locations around Gloucestershire. To see which sessions are currently running, please visit our course listings page.