Information on maths courses.
Fundamental mathematics for everyday applications at work and at home.
Learning new ways to do calculations and improving your skills for estimating and checking could help you perform better at work and give you more confidence in everyday tasks
What are Functional Skills?
They are practical skills in English and maths for adults. They provide you with essential knowledge, skills and understanding that will enable you to operate confidently, effectively and independently in every day life and work.
Functional Skills is a widely accepted equivalent to GCSEs fully supported by the Government. If you need GCSEs to progress on further or higher education, please check that the relevant institution accepts Functional Skills as an alternative before enrolling.
Why do a Functional Skills Qualification?
Achieving one or more of these qualifications could increase your confidence and motivation, access to employment and further learning opportunities. It will be a valuable addition on your CV.
- Working out costs and savings
- Taking payments and giving change
- Managing stock levels
- Planning journeys and delivery schedules
- Using spreadsheets
- Creating and understanding reports
- Budgeting the household bills
- Helping your children with maths
- Estimating arrival times when travelling
- Calculating quantities for ‘DIY’ tasks
- Comparing supermarket prices and pack sizes so you get the best value
- Choosing the best phone tariff for your needs
We will be starting our new Autumn 2022 Functional Skills English and Maths courses from September 2022 onwards. This page will be updated shortly, please continue to check our website so you can apply to join our courses.