The recruitment and selection process
We have worked to design a recruitment and selection process that is concise but rigorous to ensure our workers are of the highest standard. We have also prepared some useful leaflets to support you in preparing for your application and interview, which can be found on the right hand side of this page under resources.
- Application – Candidate follows the online process and submits an application form and CV. You can download the 'Writing your application form for Adult Social Care' leaflet from the resources section on this page to help you plan, prepare and understanding what we are looking for.
- Shortlisting – The applications are shortlisted to interview.
- Invite to interview – If shortlisted, you will receive an e-mail inviting them to interview, with a pre-allocated date and time.
- Interview and assessment – At this stage, you will be interviewed using a mixture of basic and competency-based interview techniques and where applicable an assessment. You can download the 'Preparing for your interview with Adult Social Care' leaflet from the resources section of this page to help you prepare for your interview.
- Outcome – If interviewed, you should be informed by phone whether they have been successful or not – with feedback provided if requested.
- Offer – If successful, you will receive a conditional offer letter.
- Pre-employment checks – Once offered, the Recruitment team will begin pre-employment checks including DBS (when applicable), references and verification of employment. We will also need to see ID documents and your relevant certificates.
- Start Date – Once pre-employment and compliance checks are completed will you then be contacted with a start date.