Make an enquiry

What is social care?

Gloucestershire County Council helps you find your own solutions to stay independent, or may offer you some short-term support to get you back on your feet, staying by your side until you are confidently living an independent life.

For those who need a plan for their long-term care and support, the council works with partners and providers to offer the highest quality of support that it can.


The role of adult social care at the county council is to make sure adults (aged 18 or over) and their carers (including young carers) who need care or support in their daily lives can get the help and advice they need to live as independently as possible.

Care and support can be a mixture of practical, financial and emotional support for people who need extra help to manage their lives and be independent.


You can submit an enquiry online to the adult social care helpdesk using the button below:

Enquiry e-form

You can expect to receive a response to your enquiry during office hours: Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (excluding Bank Holidays).

Common enquiries

These are the most common enquiries we receive about adult social care in Gloucestershire:

Emergency services

To request the Police, Fire or Ambulance Service in an emergency, you should dial 999.

If you have a serious social care emergency outside of normal office hours, including reporting suspected abuse, you can contact Gloucestershire County Council’s Emergency Duty Team.

You can contact the Emergency Duty Team:

  • between 4:45pm and 8:45am Monday to Thursday, or
  • from 4:45pm Friday afternoon to 8:45am Monday morning (including Bank holidays):


     01452 614194 - only for social care emergencies out of hours


Help us improve Adult Social Care Gloucestershire

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.