Highways information [v]
Information on your highways.
- Pointing you in the right direction
- Highways contracts and teams
- Where does your enquiry go?
- Transport Asset Management for Gloucestershire
- Levels of Service (LoS)
- Everything you wanted to know about Potholes
- Highways Safety Inspection and Safety Defect Repair process
- Customer perceptions of road condition
- Fit for purpose roads
- Gloucestershire’s road condition
- Keeping pace with deterioration - standstill costs
- Road hierarchies in Gloucestershire
- Road condition over time
- Intervening with preventative treatments
- Winter Maintenance Service Update (Salting)
- The Big Community Offer
- The Highways Local Scheme
- The Community Maintenance Scheme
- Public Rights of Way (PROW) Team
- Major projects team
- Improvements team
- Structural maintenance (carriageway and footway) team
- Footway condition within Gloucestershire
- Infrastructure (bridges and structures) Team
- Infrastructure (drainage) team
- Infrastructure (geotechnical) Team
- Street Lighting Team
- Overview of budget allocation – Capital works
- Overview of budget allocation – Revenue works
- _Tree Wardens_
We are committed to improving journeys across the county, providing a high quality, more predictable and safer transport network for all users. Major projects on key parts of our highways network ensure greater transport connectivity that in turn compliments and stimulates business growth, ensuring infrastructure regeneration and housing meet the future needs of the businesses and people of Gloucestershire.
The portfolio of major projects seek to encourage sustainable travel by providing improved facilities for cyclists, pedestrians and bus users, whilst more widely mitigating any impact on the natural environment.
Typically, our major projects first go through a funding bid phase which includes expressions of interest and development of business cases to support the need for the project. The funding of major transport schemes and highway infrastructure is diverse. In recent years funding has been secured from a number of organisations, including (but not limited to):
- Highways England
- Homes England
- Department for Transport
- Gloucestershire First Local Enterprise Partnership
- Gloucestershire County Council
Successful bids then move through a more detailed design period, often with a planning stage, before procurement for the works takes place and construction starts. There are opportunities for residents and businesses to have their say throughout project planning and delivery. The comments and feedback we receive plays a significant role in shaping our projects to ensure they deliver for our communities.
More information on our major projects, including those that are in design and construction, are listed on our major projects page.