When you arrive
Advice on what to do when you arrive at the archives and what facilities are available
Please check our opening hours and location before visiting.
While work continues, only blue-badge holders and named GFHS volunteers will be able to park on-site. On-site parking is free.
There are public car parks in Hare Lane and Great Western Road, both within easy reach, and the bus and railway stations are nearby.
For more information about disabled facilities please see access for disabled people.
If you haven't used Gloucestershire Archives before you'll need to register with us. You can do this online, although you'll still need to bring some proof of ID with you on your first visit. Check before you visit to see what proof of identity you should bring with you.
Register by clicking through to our online catalogue
If you'd like some help, have a look at our guide.
If you are already a registered member at Gloucestershire Archives, please sign in the visitors book when you arrive.
Gloucestershire Archives has the following facilities for visitors:
- Locker room for bags and coats.
- Customer Coffee lounge with free water dispenser.
- A staffed enquiries desk, where you can ask for help and advice during your visit.
- Microfilm and microfiche readers. There is no need to book these.
- Public computers with access to the internet, including access to the Ancestry and Find My Past websites.
- Full wi-fi availability in the research room.
For information about making copies during your visit please see Document Copying Service
Please read through our Public research room guidelines pens new window before visiting.