Latest update for Notices, Marriages and Civil Partnerships ceremonies
Update for Marriage & Civil Partnerships Ceremonies.
Following the announcement by the Prime Minister on 22nd February 2021, Marriage and Civil Partnership ceremonies will be resumed from Monday 29th March 2021 under a proposed roadmap. Please note the following dates are subject to review and may change depending on any future government announcements:
- Monday 8th March - Sunday 28th March - ceremonies will be permitted with up to 6 people including the couple in exceptional circumstances only.
- Monday 29th March – Sunday 11th April – ceremonies will be permitted with up to 6 people including the couple.
- Monday 12th April – Sunday 16th May - ceremonies will be permitted with up to 15 people including the couple.
- Monday 17th May – Sunday 20th June – ceremonies will be permitted with up to 30 people including the couple.
- Monday 21st June onwards – numbers of attendees are not stipulated within the proposed roadmap.
Please note: The number allowed to attend includes the couple, witnesses and guests, but those working, such as registration officials and venue managers are not included. COVID safe capacities will dictate these numbers at each venue and register office therefore the numbers could be reduced. The dates above could be subject to change. The hospitality sector is unable to open until Monday 17th May therefore some ceremonies may not be able to take place at approved premises that come under this sector prior to this date. This will only affect couples with ceremonies booked between 29th March – 16th May.
If you need to postpone, amend or cancel your ceremony, please telephone us on 01452 425060 (option 3) or alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since the latest government announcement on Monday 22nd February, we are experiencing a very high volume of calls and emails for all ceremony and notice related enquiries. Please bear with us and we will do our best to answer your call and reply to emails as soon as possible.
Notice of Marriage / Civil Partnership
During the period of the National Lockdown we will only be taking essential Notice of Marriage / Civil Partnership appointments.
Those couples who live outside of Gloucestershire should contact their local Register Office to find out what arrangements they have put in place for notices which need to be given.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a list of FAQ's with regards to ceremony advice with covid-19 please click here