Nationality Checking Service
How does the Nationality Checking Service help you?
Gloucestershire County Council works in partnership with UK Visas and Immigration. Gloucestershire Registration Service's Nationality Checking Service is relevant to those applying for full British Citizenship.
We check your original documents, verify and copy them and forward them securely to UK Visas and Immigration where your application will be considered. Please note that we are not able to give advice on immigration matters or criteria, and passport checking is no longer available with this service.
We can help make sure your application for British Citizenship isn't delayed because of wrong or missing information. We do this by:
- checking your forms to make sure everything is filled in correctly
(these should be completed prior to the appointment and on the correct and up-to-date form)
- making sure your documents and fees are attached before the application is sent to UK Visas and Immigration
- certifying and photocopying your documents, like passports and marriage certificates, so you don't have to send the originals.
How much does it cost?
The cost per application is:
- £75 per adult
- £40 per child
You will need to pay in full when you book an appointment. The fee is non refundable unless you cancel/rearrange at least 48 hours before the appointment date. Please note: you will need a credit or debit card to pay this fee when you book your appointment.
This fee does not include fees that UK Visas and Immigration will charge for processing your application.
How do I book an appointment?
Contact us on 01452 425060 (option 4) or email email@example.com with your name and contact details and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
About your appointment:
Your appointment will last for approximately 1 hour. The appointment will take place at
Gloucestershire Register Office,
St George's Road,
Cheltenham, GL50 3EW.
If you are an adult, you will need to come in person. Children under 18 do not need to attend.
Documents that you must bring with you
- Completed citizenship application form
- Original copy of your successful 'Life in the UK' test certificate
- All relevant documents which are explained in the application form guideline notes
- The citizenship application fee which must be paid by debit or credit card
Please note that if you do not bring the correct paperwork or the paperwork is not completed correctly and you need to return with further information or another appointment is needed to complete the process, further fees will apply.